-->

Featured Post Slider

  • Compilation of some extreme bodyworks

    Often, you see cars modified with some pretty extreme bodywork; we take the best ones found throughout the net and compiled them together! Check it out Read more

  • 2012 Proton Saga FLX bolt on turbo

    Here is my own 2012 Proton Saga FLX bolt on turbo. Currently running without management, still able to boost up to 0.4 bar (albeit with bad fuel consumption). Saving up for a Haltech Sprint 500 standalone! To complement the power, a new semi-racing clutch will be dropped in. Next is to upgrade the brake system to a double servo pump, and better brake pads. The car is currently running on a lowered spring setup (Sapura sports spring) which is sufficient for daily usage. Read more

  • Audi TT with R8 Look-alike Bodykit

    To those who have an Audi TT and wants something resembling an Audi R8 supercar, a few tuning and bodykit companies has modeled a kit that consists of various configurations ranging from exterior down to the light and exhaust setup. Hit the jump for more detail! Read more

  • 4G92 Proton Wira 1.6 Bolt on Turbo

    4G92 Proton Wira 1.6 Bolt on Turbo, on a budget!. The Proton Wira is actually a Mitsubishi Lancer using the same 4G92 1.6 SOHC engine.Total cost is less than RM5,000 which is equivalent to 1500 USD dollar, which has escalated somewhat (and now pushes around 200whp) Read more

Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Proton Saga BLM / FL Turbo kits!

With the recent launch of the Proton Preve, let us take a look at the potential for turbocharging Proton's more cost effective vehicles. The Saga BLM and FL/FLX, with a capacity of 1.3L to 1.6L, proves to be a reliable lightweight, daily drive machine. However, by retrofitting it with a turbo kit, boosting at a modest 1.1 bar, the Proton Saga's Campro engine awakens and becomes a total beast! This prime example shows a stock 1.3L Proton Saga BLM converted to 1.6L using a stroker kit. With metal head gasket, and a bolt on turbo kit, this Saga BLM turbo dyno-ed at GT Auto Sunway with 190whp and 290Nm of torque! Quite impressive compared to the Proton Preve don't you think?





35 comments:

  1. bro, how much it cost for all modification?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bro, from some research this will cost you about RM5000-8000 with engine management! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bro can i now, what type egine can modified to saga blm 1.3..??

      Delete
  3. Satria 1.3 4G13 Bolt on Turbo 180hp
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3022192/2002-proton-satria/page-7

    wira 1.5 4G15 + stroker kit 1.6 campro + Bolt on Turbo = 208hp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Not bad. My Wira 4G92 1.6 Bolt on Turbo only makes 183whp, boosting at 0.6 Bar. Those figures are fantastic!

      Delete
  4. quite a tempting prospect, but what about maintenance, and reliability?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reliability is no problem as long as you boost under 0.5 bar. Still powerful! Maintenance you will have to change engine oil more often, probably every 5k km if possible!

      Cheers!

      Delete
  5. Watta abt Persona 1.6L engine? Can it be tweaked with this Turbo Kit? Tq.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watta abt Persona 1.6L engine? Can it be tweaked with this Turbo Kit? Tq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup it can, I have seen many Persona with turbo kit. It is the same campro engine! Check it out on lowyat.net and zerotohundred.com, several people are selling campro turbo kits for saga, satria neo, persona etc.

      Enjoy!

      Delete
  7. i see saga blm white evo 3 engine inside in penang

    ReplyDelete
  8. bro, what are my options for proton saga 1.6 cvt? can advise me on how to enhance the performance and handling of the car?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. yes saga flx with cvt, can it be turboed
    since its the max torque limitation to its cvt gb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. can the CVT gb withstand the massive hp coming from the engine?..what are the options in fine tune the CVT gb? Care to explain please?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. http://licence2speed.blogspot.com/2013/03/proton-saga-flx-13-manual-bolt-on-turbo.html

      Did it for about RM3.5k+ .... no management necessary since low boost @ 0.4 bar

      Delete
  13. Hello,

    This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the support guys! I actually bolt on turbo-ed my SAGA FLX 1.3 manual as well.... check it out: http://licence2speed.blogspot.com/2013/03/proton-saga-flx-13-manual-bolt-on-turbo.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. First off I would like to say terrific blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
    I was interested to know how you center yourself
    and clear your mind before writing. I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting
    my thoughts out. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any ideas or hints? Cheers!

    Feel free to surf to my web site :: tips on how to lose weight fast

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can definіtely ѕee your enthusiasm
    withіn the article you wгite.
    Thе woгld hopes for more passіonаte writers like you who are not afraid to say how they belieνе.

    At all times gο afteг your heart.

    Alѕo visіt my wеb-site; Cash For Cars Portland Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure thiѕ post has tοuсhed all the inteгnet viewеrs, its reallу really gоod poѕt оn building up nеw ωebpagе.


    Hеre is my web page - cars wanted for cash

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is very open with a precise clarification of the challenges.
    It was truly informative. Your website is very
    helpful. Thank you for sharing!

    my website: selling a car in ontario ()

    ReplyDelete
  19. I evеry time emaileԁ thiѕ ωebρagе post page tο all
    my friеnds, because іf lіκe tο read it aftеr
    that mу friends wіll too.

    my blog ... саsh for cаrs in сt ()

    ReplyDelete
  20. Prеttу sеction of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in acceѕsion capital to assert thаt
    I acquire аctuallу enjoyed account
    yοur blog postѕ. Any way I wіll be subscribіng to
    youг augment and еѵen I achievement you аccеѕs consistently rapidlу.



    my ωeb-sitе trаԁe cаrs for саѕh []

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks on yοur marvelous posting! I defіnitely
    еnjoyed rеading іt, you will be a great аuthor.
    I wіll be sure to boοκmаrk your blog and may cоme bаck sοmeԁay.
    I want to encourаge that you continue уour greаt writing,
    have a nice morning!

    Here is my wеbsitе sell used Cars for Cash

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, awesome blog structure! How long have you ever been running a blog for?
    you make running a blog look easy. The full look of your web site is wonderful, as smartly
    as the content material!

    Look into my web blog; selling a car on line ()

    ReplyDelete
  23. This article gives clеar iԁea in faνor of the nеω visіtоrs оf blogging,
    that truly how to ԁо blogging.

    my ωeb page Trade In Cars For Cash

    ReplyDelete
  24. Αpprecіate thе recοmmendatіon.

    Will trу it out.

    Αlso visit my web sіte ... cash for
    scrаp сarѕ london ()

    ReplyDelete
  25. Plеаse let me know if yοu're looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd reаllу lіκe tο wгitе sοme аrticles for
    your blog in eхchangе foг а link baсk to mine.
    Please shοot mе аn email іf іntеrеsted.
    Τhаnks!

    My site; razberri kеtone slim ()

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Proton BLM BOT...3.5k-8k??!!...I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How much is the total after all the modifications ? ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!