My project car: 4G92 Proton Wira 1.6 BUDGET Bolt on Turbo. For foreign country, the Proton Wira is actually a Mitsubishi Lancer using the same 4G92 1.6 SOHC engine. I have bolted on a turbo kit for some time, and below is my car's current specification! Feel free to ask me if you have any question regarding bolting on a turbo, as I have some minor experience in this field. I can't stress enough that this kit is built on a tight budget! Total cost is less than RM5,000 which is equivalent to 1500 us dollar.
Proton Wira 4G92 Bolt on Turbo kit (Kit works for 4G91, 4G92, 4G93 engines!)1) 4G93 GSR turbo manifold
2) 4G93 GSR Downpipe
3) 4G93 GSR TD04 turbo with wastegate
4) HKS SSQV blow off valve
5) Front mounted intercooler (unknown brand)
6) Stainless steel pipes and silicon joints
7) Oil Sump with necessary fittings for turbo oil return
8) Jasma 2.5" inlet straight flow muffler
Item 1-8 bought for RM2,500 only! Second hand item. You can probably buy all these parts in any half cut shop like Mun Lee.
9) 4G92 metal gasket RM150 new
10) Imitation Defi Boost meter RM90 new
11) 2.5 inch exhaust pipe from downpipe to muffler RM400 new
12) E-manage blue RM750 second hand
13) MAP sensor, and ignition wire harness for E-manage RM450
Result? My car still has some misfiring issues and gearbox slips like mad, but managed to achieve 170bhp.
Installation and tuning done by my friend mxsteven and kong (thanks a lot bro!)
Coming up: changing to manual transmission! yes I was on an autobox the whole time, now the auto gear box is behaving funny. Time to go for a stick!