-->

Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

HKS ES exhaust for my Wira 1.6 Bolt on Turbo



I recently got bored of my exhaust and coincidentally, my friend changed his exhaust setup. Thus, I purchased his old setup for a good price (Thanks buddy)! The "new" exhaust is a HKS ES wagon straight flow muffler with 2.5 inlet. The old setup was an Everco Topcat S-Flow muffler. After receiving the exhaust from my friend, I proceeded to Under6ix Exhaust, in Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. 

Wrapped up nicely by my friend Elton

For anyone who needs direction to that shop, you can contact me! I would be more than happy to introduce a good exhaust shop to fellow enthusiasts. This shop does a very good job, at a very cheap price! I had my intercooler piping re fabricated for RM170, which consists of 2 L-bends, one from the manifold, and also enlarged air intake piping.

Old Exhaust: Everco Topcat S-flow muffler.Don't mind the shoddy work, and the straight pipe sticking from the side. Just a DIY mod I attempted myself hehe.



Back to my exhaust, the welding work done by the boss was excellent. His apprentice wasn't too bad either. The pipes were mandrel bent, and he measured them nicely before welding it on. I had some pretty bad experience with other exhaust shop like Wai Heng, which simply measured the pipes base on "visual" and then proceeded to weld them at very odd angles. Under6ix exhaust even helped me to polish the worn out muffler to look like new! Great job :)


Excellent welding work done by the boss himself :D Great seam!

Despite people having the perception that Sunway's modding scene is only for rich people, and those workshops are quite arrogant and won't entertain people who drive lower end cars, this myth is actually not true at all. I have gone to many shop, such as Millenium Auto, LSF garage, GT Auto, Everco, Under6ix, Evercool, Kakimotor, Overboost Performance, Hing Alignment, etc. Most of these shops treat their customer well. 

"The end result of the exhaust? Bassy sound"

The end result of the exhaust? Bassy sound, albeit there is significant droning noise at 2k RPM. Can't really blame the exhaust muffler, as I am running straight piping all the way to the back.

Keywords: Millenium Auto, LSF garage, GT Auto, Everco, Under6ix, Evercool, Kakimotor, Overboost Performance, Hing Alignment, Under6ix exhaust, undersix exhaust, under6ix sunway, under6ix exhaust sunway, HKS ES, everco sflow, topcat exhaust, HKS ES wagon, hks es turbo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Appreciate if you can give the direction to the WS or you can forward the WS contact no.
Just email me at ferolled@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!